Happy New Year to you all!
And if you are still visiting Racecraft after all this time and waiting for a new post to appear, thank you for your patience and for sticking around!
After starting a new employment in November, I didn’t get much time to work on my Benetton in the run up to christmas, but with a good few days off over the christmas holidays, I have manged to get some quality modelling time in and have made leaps and bound with the car; so much so that I am actually beginning to put it together.
One thing that I have learn;t from this build is that yellow paint is possibly the worst colour to work with. Some people say that silver is a bit of a sh*t get right…but I’ve painted a few silver cars and have had no trouble.
Some people say that white is a bit of a dog to finish well…again I’ve painted white cars before had no real issues.
However yellow…oh my days.
This Benetton, as you will know is yellow and green for the most part. If you have built the Tamiya kit yourself, then you’ll also know that the green can be achieved with teh decals. Well my decals fell apart, and in the process of removing the decals that had already been applied, I managed to spoil the paint.
So I had to respray the cowl, the monocoque and the nose, but on the second time of asking…I could not get the yellow to match. They all came out of the same bottle of paint, they all had the same primer, and they were all sprayed at the same time..but they simply would not match.
So I have bumbled on, with a finish that isn’t as satisfactory as I originally wanted, which is a little disappointing.
But still, we soldier on, and I have added bit of extra detail to the engine, front suspension and of course used the PE set to add the seatbelt. It’s coming together slowly, but I am ken to finish as I want to start a new one.
This Benetton has been going on for about 7 months!!